Excellent Opportunity for a Chief Engineer (Critical Facilities)
ABM is one of the largest facility management services providers. We offer state-of-the-art, dependable building maintenance services cost effectively. With over 100 years of facility solutions experience, we continue to serve thousands of clients across the U.S. and in over 20 international locations. (https://metropolis.abm.com/
We are looking for an individual with Chief Engineer experience, preferably at a Data Center. This is an excellent opportunity that pays union scale wages and benefits, including pension. The location of this position is in Hillsboro.
BASIC FUNCTION – Chief Engineer will be responsible for all start up and continuing operations for large data center. Requires 7-10 years in critical facilities operations with 3-5 as Chief or Assistant Chief.
Perform all engineering operations and mechanical/electrical maintenance of the facility under the direction of building management and the ABM Engineering Branch Manager.
Responsible for continued and uninterrupted operation of rasied floor 24-7-365
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supervise the performance and maintenance of all mechanical, electrical and craft services, ensuring operation within design capabilities and achieving proper environmental conditions prescribed by Building Management.
· Oversee and supervise the efficient operation of the facility equipment and systems.
· Perform requisite daily communication with Building Management on matters relating to the services performed.
· Develop operating instructions and procedures for equipment and systems.
· Strive toward a goal of zero down-time in operations by virtue of reliable system performance.
· Prepare operating budgets relative to the Engineering Department.
· Together with the ABM Engineering Branch Manager, implement and conduct training programs for operating the facility equipment and systems.
· Establish and maintain periodic operational testing schedules for critical systems and equipment.
· Administer an effective and accountable preventative maintenance system tailored to the facility.
· Evaluate all equipment and systems operationally and provide the customer with a list of deficiency items and recommendations for improvement.
· Monitor and supervise subcontracted jobs to outside concerns when it is not practical for them to be performed in-house, or as may be requested by Building Management.
· Implement and monitor an effective energy conservation and management program to ensure measures are taken to keep operating costs at a minimum.
· Possess the requisite licenses and permits required by local laws and ordinances to operate, repair and maintain the facility equipment and systems.
· Ensure that the on-site staff conforms to all local laws, codes and regulations.
· In conjunction with Building Management, establish a program for the acquisition, storage and accountability of all operating materials, tools and equipment. Establish a customer approved inventory control system.
· Develop and maintain a work order system for the control and assignment of all on-call and unscheduled services requested by the customer. This system is to include the work performed, where applied, personnel assignments, time and material estimates, and authorization.
· Ensure that work responsibilities are allocated properly among subordinates by developing and implementing manpower schedules and work methods and procedures that are designed to obtain low cost and efficient operation.
· Establish performance standards for each phase of work, adhering to standard practices and quality levels.
· Carry out policies and procedures of the customer and ABM Engineering Services concerning safety, administrative requirements, standards, practices and work methods.
· Perform any additional duties on an as required basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual limitations.
· Minimum of five (5) years experience in the implementation of the above.
EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA (preferred but not required)
· Two years college.
· Apprenticeship training.
· EPA – refrigerant
· Licensed for equipment – responsible per job location.