- Supervise the performance and maintenance of all mechanical, electrical and craft services, ensuring operation within design capabilities and achieving proper environmental conditions prescribed by Building Management.
- Oversee and supervise the efficient operation of the facility equipment and systems.
- Perform requisite daily communication with Building Management on matters relating to the services performed.
- Develop operating instructions and procedures for equipment and systems.
- Strive toward a goal of zero down-time in operations by virtue of reliable system performance.
- Prepare operating budgets relative to the Engineering Department.
- Together with the ABM Engineering Branch Manager, implement and conduct training programs for operating the facility equipment and systems.
- Establish and maintain periodic operational testing schedules for critical systems and equipment.
- Administer an effective and accountable preventative maintenance system tailored to the facility.
- Evaluate all equipment and systems operationally and provide the customer with a list of deficiency items and recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor and supervise subcontracted jobs to outside concerns when it is not practical for them to be performed in-house, or as may be requested by Building Management.
- Implement and monitor an effective energy conservation and management program to ensure measures are taken to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Possess the requisite licenses and permits required by local laws and ordinances to operate, repair and maintain the facility equipment and systems.
- Ensure that the on-site staff conforms to all local laws, codes and regulations.
- In conjunction with Building Management, establish a program for the acquisition, storage and accountability of all operating materials, tools and equipment. Establish a customer approved inventory control system.
- Develop and maintain a work order system for the control and assignment of all on-call and unscheduled services requested by the customer. This system is to include the work performed, where applied, personnel assignments, time and material estimates, and authorization.
- Ensure that work responsibilities are allocated properly among subordinates by developing and implementing manpower schedules and work methods and procedures that are designed to obtain low cost and efficient operation.
- Establish performance standards for each phase of work, adhering to standard practices and quality levels.
- Carry out policies and procedures of the customer and ABM Engineering Services concerning safety, administrative requirements, standards, practices and work methods.
- Perform any additional duties on an as required basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual limitations.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the implementation of the above.
EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA (preferred but not required)
- Two years college.
- Apprenticeship training.
- EPA – refrigerant
- Licensed for equipment – responsible per job location.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Apply Now" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)