ABM Government Services is currently seeking an expression of interest from Operations Officer candidates. Please review the job description below prior to applying. This position will be located in Afghanistan. No specific location can be guaranteed. This contract will support operations at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, and other designated areas of responsibility as deemed necessary. Please note: This position is contingent upon contract award and funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Receive and edit incoming daily SITREPS from subordinate commands, drafting applicable SITREPs from subordinate units and higher headquarters, and drafting the applicable SITREP for forwarding through the ACofS, G-3.
· Screen all incoming message traffic, copying messages of interest, and providing a copy to the SDO.
· Maintain a duty log of all significant events and actions. This will be briefed and turned over to the oncoming staff during the shift changeover brief at the end of the watch.
· Track the location of subordinate command deployed forces. This will include the estimated departure and arrival times of forces transiting the U.S. CENTCOM Command’s Area of Responsibility (AOR) (e.g., deployment/redeployment and INCHOP/OUTCHOP times and dates).
· Establish and maintain connectivity with each subordinate command center, through the Distribution Management Center (DMC) Battle Captain. Schedule and prepare slides for the weekly 1st TSC/VTC (CSAM). Draft messages for transmission, and maintain internal connectivity with the TSC G-3 and DMC Main Command Post (MCP).
· Support ACofS, G-3 operations by using Global Command and Control System (GCCS) operations, Local Information Management System (SIPRNET); AMHS (automated message handling system; ASOCC (Area Security Operations Command & Control System); (LOGBOOK; C2PC; DTCS; DMS (Distribution Management System)/AMHS (Automated Message Handling Systems); Internet; Defense Red Switch Network phone operations; facsimile machine operations; Microsoft Office Applications (most current application); STU III phone operations, and of Command Post of Future (CPOF).
· Maintain situational awareness and provide updates to the Commander and his staff as requested.
· Support the ACofS, G-3 staff in the planning and execution of exercises and training events.
· Coordinate and synchronize the DMC/DIB; maintaining awareness of the distribution systems and acting as the “fusion center” of information within the Distribution Integration Branch, in close cooperation with the distribution interrogation plans branch.
· Maintain Combat Service Support (CSS) situational awareness through all means of information systems, battle command automation system, and CSS C2 information systems.
· Maintain uninterrupted operations of material flow and other goods to support the commander’s intent, before, during and after any type of military operations within the theaters area of responsibilities.
· Secret Clearance.
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Management, Political Science, Logistics Management or Computer Science or related field.
· Proficiency in GCSS, AMHS, ASOCC, LOGBOOK, C2PC, DTCS, DMS/AMHS, Internet, Defense Red Switch Network phone operations, facsimile machine operations, Microsoft Office Applications (most current application), and STU III phone operations.
· Experience in the handling of classified and unclassified information.
· Knowledge of the international standards organization (ISO) shipping containers and palletized loading systems (PLS), and development and implementation of local and theater policies and procedures of distribution systems.
· Well organized, hard worker, team player
· Strong Analytical experience
· Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills in a fast paced environment
INTERESTED JOB SEEKERS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
· Detailed, chronological resume that includes your full name, a detailed description of your previous employment history.
· Your resume should demonstrate that you have the experience and capacity necessary to provide the types of services described in the Duties and Responsibilities portion of this job advertisement. This experience must have been successfully demonstrated in previous employment and explained in detail in your resume.
ABM Government Services, an ABM Industries company, was formed to meet the unique challenges of military and other governmental agencies mission support services. Today we are a global provider of integrated facility management services, military base operations and management, training, inland waterways, and other government contracting services.
From health facility services to facility management to base operations and more, we know how critical it is for mission support services to be comprehensive, reliable, and cost-effective. We specialize in a wide variety of mission support services including base operations, construction, facility services and subject matter expert staffing services for the Department of Defense and other federal and state agencies.
Drawing upon years of experience, ABMGS delivers performance-based services on time and on budget. Our innovative, full complement of services is reliable, results-oriented and cost-effective. Our capabilities include:
· Administrative support services
· Base operating services
· Logistics support services
· Operations and maintenance
· Leadership development and operations support
· Education and training