Benefits Specialist - Temporary
Responsible for the effective and efficient functioning of the Division’s employee benefits program, including eligibility and enrollment processes for all participating employees. Responds to all employee benefits questions and issues; resolves more complex eligibility issues with Corporate benefits department and supports increased benefits knowledge within Division’s benefit staffers. Performs hands-on benefit administration for Division corporate and local branch employees.
The Benefits Specialist position is responsible for planning, and executing the day-to-day operations of our Division’s group benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plan, 401(k), employee stock purchase, FMLA, COBRA) according to parent Corporate protocols. Assists field benefit staffers, improve existing protocols, monitor benefit administration as well as performing the “staff benefit” activities for the divisor’s “corporate” staff. Interpret benefit plan procedures and policies. Interacts with both Divisional Human Resources and Accounting Departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers various employee benefit programs, such as group insurance, life, medical and dental, accident and disability, insurance, pensions, investments, and savings; and health maintenance organizations. Manage distribution of new hire and open enrollment materials for all ABM administered plans to the Division and local Houston branch.
- Identifies and prepares employee notice of benefit contribution continuation during eligible leaves. Requires utilization of JDE 8.12 and ability to locate and interrupt approximately 8-12 screens to extract necessary information to complete analysis for employee notice and communicates results to HR. Coordinates employee leaves and benefit contributions with local HR. Takes appropriate action to ensures Employee Benefit Status and benefit eligibility is consistent with leave description.
- Assist in creation and distribution of benefits communications, especially during new hire processing and open enrollment.
- Implements benefit programs; arranges and conducts employee information presentations and coordinates open enrollments among both parent Corporation and Division officials and staffers. Strong intra-department relationship between Division HR & Accounting.
- Verifies the calculation of the monthly premiums statements for all group insurance policies and maintains statistical data relative to premiums. Resolves administrative problems among the carrier representatives,, branch management and employees. Verifies employee enrollment; examines change requests in coverages.
- Assist with other HR related functions as needed
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
· Experience related to benefits administration and/or processing (in a for-profit, multi-state organization) is preferred.
- Two to four years experience in employee benefits administration.
- Attention to detail and ability to successfully multitask. Handle sensitive information.
- Ability to interpret special rules, laws and policies and apply them in a variety of procedural situations.
- Proficient with benefit and HR screens in JD Edwards version 8.12 and FMLA requirements.
- Personable demeanor and ability to foster working relationships with Division HR representatives and Corporate benefit dept.
- Ability to analyze data, process documents, interprets findings, and effectively communicates across multiple levels.
- Proficient with personal computers, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
- Solid math skills and some accounting and reconciliation ability.
- Complaint resolution experience; solid verbal and written communications skills.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Apply Now" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)